Eldey Aqua aims to be regenerative, in all that we do.
We believe that only then are we good enough for the future.
We are based in the Westfjords of Iceland, where our families have been sustainably co-existing with nature for a milennia.
The local species should be protected and aided in a changing enviroment.
- 2018- Eldey Aqua founded.
- 2019- Research in westfjords starts. Hatchery built in Djúpið. Modular IMTA system designed.
- 2020- First seeded lines in the ocean.
- 2021- Advanced breeding trials start.
- 2022- Hatchery expanded.
- Ingi Björn Sigurðsson
- Sigurður Pétursson
- Gunnar Ólafsson
- Jillian Galloway(interim hatchery manager)
- Bolungarvík (head office)
- Reykjavík (Lax-inn information center)
- Ísafjörður (main hatchery)
- Sleepy Islands (research lab)
Does it all begin with an idea?
Or a question?